Student Challenge #11
Early Spring-Late Winter
Many parts of the country experienced spring-like weather in February. This weather spurred plants and animals to get in spring mode. As a result, many plants began sprouting, budding and/or blooming. March has been a different story for much of the country, with freezing temperatures all around.
- Do you live in an area where plants began sprouting, budding, and/or blooming?
- If so, what observations are you making? What are some of the plants you feel are most affected? Will they recover?
- If you have lilacs around you, where they affected?
- Do you think these weather fluctuations will negatively impact the monarch? Other pollinators?
- If so, why? In what ways?
- If you don't feel it will impact monarchs, why not?